Application, admission, and degree-granting requirements and regulations shall be applied equitably to all individuals, applicants and students regardless of age, gender, race, disability, sexual orientation, religion or national origin.
All applicants must apply through IUPUI. All applicants are required to submit three letters of recommendation and a personal statement.
May 31, 2017
April 31, 2017
Letters of Recommendation
Applicants will need to submit three letters of recommendation. Letters should be from qualitfied individuals who can comment on the applicant's leadership abilities. Qualified individuals include supervisors and colleagues who can provide a critical assesment of the applicant's abilities. It is preferred that letters of recommendation come from professional sources rather than academic references.
Each applicant needs to submit a written personal statement. The personal statment will be weighted heavily in the application process.
While there are no set guidelines for the length or format of the personal statement, we encourage applicants to submit statements no greater than five single-spaced pages in length. Responses, however, should be detailed enough to give the admissions committee a thorough understanding of the applicant's background and motivations for pursuing this particular program.
Personal statements should address the following questions:
- Why are you interested in this particular DrPH program?
- Why do you care about the public’s health?
- Students in this program will learn as much from each other as they will from faculty and guests. What will other students learn from you?
- What are your career goals? Be as specific as possible.
- What has been your most significant professional leadership accomplishment to date? Please explain.
- What are some risks you've taken in your career?
- What is the biggest disappointment or failure you've had in your career? What did you learn from this experience?
- Anything else you would like to tell us about your background, personality, work style, or other points?
All finalists for admission to the DrPH program will be interviewed via distance by representatives of the admissions committee. At the point in time when finalists have been identified, they will be contacted by the program to find a convenient date and time for the interview.